Bachelor of Management
Study in English at Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University. In Krakow. FOR FREE!
Application start: 15th May 2019. Starting date: October 2019
A management education and career is by far the most universal and versatile professional preparation for your people. Earning the Bachelor Degree in English is additional asset as contemporary business and public administration has accepted English as the lingua franca. Combined with ambitious and novel study work Management in English provides you with unique and useful skills and capabilities to successfully pursue your professional goals.
This undergraduate program leads you through basic courses, followed by professional subjects and offers you the opportunities to pick one of four specialization areas. Study work is complemented by cooperation with local and international businesses. You also gain proficiency in 2 foreign languages. Krakow, the beautiful old city, the former capital of Poland, now a center of business, tourism and education, will serve as an active learning environment for students.
The undergraduate program Management in English takes 3 years. The program comprises 180 ECTS points, spread over six semesters.
The first academic semester (Fall) usually lasts from the beginning of October to mid-February. Spring semester starts shortly after and lasts through the end of June. Study work is evenly distributed among all 6 semesters with a slightly lower work load for the last semesters. You learn 2 foreign languages (4 semesters) and work on a final dissertation in 5th semester. The last two semesters (5 and 6) are devoted to your chosen specialization (4 to choose among). Students will participate in concerts, musical and sport events and visit museums and libraries.
We strongly believe in faculty – students partnership and interacting learning environment. Your an interactive classroom will be more a group of people having an interest in learning than a traditional classroom. Teaching methods are designed accordingly – lectures will convey the necessary knowledge to you, which then is practiced in workshops. Among the specialization fields you will find one heavily based on Business Dynamics and you will learn how to use computers in modeling and solving complex business problems.
For studies invited
Graduated from the Jagiellonian (MSc) and Harvard University (PhD). Associate Professor and former dean at Nowy Sacz Business School – National-Louis University, where he created the Center for Innovatics. Lectured in Denmark, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Turkey and USA and in many Polish organizations. Senior researcher in a 4-year EU-funded project on business model innovation. Has published over 50 research papers and essays which have appeared in leading academic journals and in Polish periodicals. Co-founder of the “Salus Publica” Foundation and secretary of the “Kyoto-Kraków” Foundation.
Michał Jasieński teaches Critical Thinking & Writing, Organisational Behaviour and Entrepreneurship and Innovations.
A social scientist – an economist – and associate professor with the Faculty of Management at Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University. Passionate with social science. The central principle of his teaching and research is: social sciences can be used and developed similarly to geography, i.e. they can be used to find one’s bearings in a complex environment, to trace a route towards valuable and attainable goals, and to plan for a realistic pace as for covering this route. Published research can be checked at my ORCID profile, and current work on the research blog: Discover Social Sciences.
Graduate in Law and Administration (University of Wroclaw), Ph. D. in economics (Maria Curie Sklodowska University in Lublin), post-doctoral degree in management (habilitation – University of Warsaw). He has spent more than 20 years teaching in Mexico and United States. Author and co-author of more than 30 scientific articles and 6 books. Consulting practice in several countries, including Poland. Fields and scientific interests: strategic management, international business, management & marketing, system dynamics and computer supported problem solving. Happily married and father of 3 already grown children (time flies).
To become a student of MANAGEMENT take the following steps:
• in the written part:
– on an extended or bilingual level – with a score of 50%, or higher
• in the oral part:
– in the school year 2011/2012, and in subsequent years – with a score of 50% or higher
– before the school year 2011/2012 – on an extended level – with a score of 50% or higher
– graduation from the Dept. of English or Applied Linguistics
– graduation from a foreign language teacher training college
– completion of academic education abroad – with English as the official language of instruction
1) English language on a higher level (HL) – 4 points or more
2) English language with a literary component (A2) – 4 points or more
3) The candidates holding the IB (International Baccalaureate) diplomas issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization based in Geneva, for whom English was an official language of both instruction and exams, are also eligible for admission to academic studies, subject to this fact having been duly documented by the school at issue. This also applies to the candidates with the EB (European Baccalaureate) diplomas, or a secondary school-leaving certificates obtained abroad, provided there are statutory grounds for such certificates to be officially recognized as equivalent to a statutory certificate of secondary education obtainable in Poland
a) a written Declaration of Participation in the Project
b) a Participation Agreement in the Project
c) a statement on the processing of the Project’s participant personal data, in compliance with the requirements of the Knowledge Education Development 2014-2020 Operational Programme.